Sunday, August 14, 2011

Meet the Team Part Five: Jacob Tonks

Once again I take some time for the recurring blog feature, "Meet the Team" to spotlight each team member one at a time so you can all learn more about the fantastic people I work and live with! Today's victim:

JACOB TONKS
Can you find the iguana? (Careful--I think he's trying to blend in with Jake's shirt!)

Jake is, I believe, the youngest team member (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Unlike the rest of us who have all gone to at least a semester of college, if not several years, Jake came here right out of high school! He starts his freshman year at BYU this next semester and after a year will then be going on his mission. Can you believe that? He's still a preemie and already off helping change the world! That says a lot about his character. Certainly he now has a lot of experience that will make him quite prepared for both college and a mission. He probably also hopes that it will help him in making a decision for a major. He is leaning towards political science right now, but we all know how things change once you get to school, not to mention serving a mission. 

Jake is a very funny guy and a blast to have as a roommate. He is extremely smart and very musically talented. In fact, outside the major construction and hard work projects we wear ourselves out with each day here, he takes some of his evening time on Thursdays to teach music classes to some of the local children along with a few other team members. He is going to try out for Men's Chorus for this next semester. I certainly hope he makes it in as it would be absolutely a blast to see him that frequently! I think he has a very good shot at making it, but I shouldn't say anything since I don't make the decisions! 

Jake is here along with his older sister Sarah, who will be spotlighted in another post (perhaps also written today). Seeing a brother-sister team like that made me wish that I could have brought one of my siblings along as well. Any one of them would have been great! :)

1 comment:

  1. He's certainly off to a great start in his adult life. :D
    It's really neat that he is able to do this with his sister.
    I agree with you. You and any one of your siblings would make a dynamic duo!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete