Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Getting Plastered

Sorry, but I've got to keep the post short tonight. This morning we worked at the orphanage. As you know if you've been following, the bags stage of the construction was finished last week and we began wrapping it in chicken wire. On Monday a lot of the other team members began plastering the outside while I was doing some other things. I helped today with the plastering process, which is kind of fun. You flick the plaster onto the building from your trowel with your wrist, then smooth it out. Here's some pictures:


The lighter layer was done on Monday. The darker layer is from today.
That building sure is getting plastered, isn't it? ;)

So, mud-flinging and smoothing was fun. Later we had computer classes. We taught them about online business skills, such as how to sell on eBay, etc. We are going to hold one last class with them on Monday to review all the skills we've talked about and implement self-learning techniques so they can continue to learn after we leave. They've been so much fun and the class has really grown in popularity. I plan the curriculum for each class, but we like to give one-on-one instruction, and today we needed four teachers, most with 2 students each to cover all our bases! 

Kyle gives some individual attention to Lancelot.

Besides all of that, my other work for the day was all more boring computer stuff again, like usual--just trying to get everything done for my main projects. 

Well, I told you it would be short today, but hopefully you enjoyed the update, especially on the orphanage construction process.

1 comment:

  1. Great title! You crack me up. :D
    Things are looking great. Keep working hard! (Snicker snicker. Like I need to say that to you :D )

    ReplyDelete