Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Meet the Team Part Four: Megan Swan

So, with only two weeks left in Belize, I'd better pick up the pace on these "Meet the Team" posts or I'm going to run out of time to get to everyone! Today's victim, in part four of this continuing blog feature...

MEGAN SWAN
Megan is one of our 2 country directors here in Belize and thus a valuable asset to the team as a very organized and caring leader. She gets along with everyone and does a fantastic job or organizing a lot of the little details that often go unnoticed and under-appreciated but which are vital to the smooth operation of our projects here in Belize.

Megan, like Katie who I profiled earlier, is also a dual citizen of both the US and Canada, having been born in Canada and then moving to Texas when 10. She was officially sworn in as a US citizen last summer. Her family currently lives in Malaysia! She is one of those beautiful mixed-race girls, having a Japanese mother and white father, a combination I've seen multiple times and which oddly always ends up looking Hispanic. In fact, she can easily pass herself off as a native Belizean.

She is very witty and also very smart. She just graduated this last winter semester from the Marriott School at BYU with a degree in Management with an emphasis in HR. When she's done here in Belize, she already has a job lined up to work at the Washington D.C. branch of Price-Waterhouse Cooper! 

One last note about Megan: she is very thoughtful. Back when I was sick, she left got me some soda crackers and ginger ale and made sure I was taken care of quite well. I can tell she is always looking for similar opportunities to help out the various members of the team and is constantly aware of their needs.
 

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to Megan! She sounds amazing! Tell her thanks from me. That was so nice of her to help take care of you when you were sick.
    I'm so amazed at the caliber of people on the team.
    I love hearing about these smart and talented people you work with. What a great idea to spot light them. :D

    ReplyDelete